WEBSITE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The following Personal Data Protection Policy aims to inform about our use of the Personal Data of our website visitors. In the context of our legal and contractual obligations, as well as our commercial activity, we collect personal data necessary for these purposes and we process such data. In any case, we fully comply with Law 4624/2019, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (216/679 EU), as well as with the Acts, Opinions and Guiding Principles of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
- Contact details of the Controller
- Processing Objects and Purposes
(a) Processing objects
We collect, process and use:
- names and surnames;
- telephone contact details;
- details of home addresses/delivery addresses for orders and physical or e-mail addresses;
- tax and billing information for the issuance of statutory tax records;
- information on electronic payment means and methods, and information necessary for the electronic payments for placed orders.
- b) Processing purposes
We collect, process and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- conclusion and performance of agreements;
- provision of newsletters and promotional activities of our business;
- conducting of research;
- marketing activities;
- customer service and support;
- provision of broadcasting media services, e.g. for processing orders for the goods and services we offer online.
- Legal framework for the processing of personal data:
- Article 6(1)(a) GDPR acts as a legal basis for processing activities for which we obtain your consent for a specific processing purpose.
- Article 6(1)(b) GDPR stipulates that personal data may be processed for the performance of a contract, e.g. when purchasing a product. This element shall apply to any processing activity necessary to carry out activities at the pre-contractual stage, such as, e.g., the carrying out of an investigation into products or services.
- Article 6(1)(c) GDPR applies to cases where we are bound by an obligation imposed by law requiring the processing of personal data, such as data required to comply with tax obligations.
- Article 6(1)(d) GDPR specifies that personal data may be processed in order to safeguard your own vital interests or that of another natural person.
- Article 6(1)(f) GDPR applies to our legitimate interests, for example when we hire service providers for the purpose of fulfilling orders (e.g. delivery services), when we carry out statistical surveys and analyses, or when we record connection efforts.
- Pursuant to Article 21 (1) of Law 4624/2019, the processing of personal data of a minor, when offering information society services directly to such person, is lawful, provided that the minor has reached the age of 15 and consents.
- Pursuant to Article 21 (2) of Law 4624/2019, if the minor is under 15 years of age, the processing set out under paragraph 1 is lawful only upon consent of the minor’s legal representative.
By presenting/submitting/electronically sending your personal data you declare that you expressly consent to the use, lawful collection and processing of such data for the purposes described above and that you have been informed hereby.
- Duration of storage and routine deletion of personal data
We process and store your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is stored or for as long as we are obliged to do so in accordance with the law or regulations. The duration of data storage does not exceed five (5) years, unless otherwise required by a more specific statutory provision.
As soon as the purpose expires or is fulfilled, your personal data shall be deleted or restricted. In the event of data restriction, such data shall be deleted from the moment when the retention period imposed by law, articles of association or contract ceases to prevent the implementation of such deletion, provided that there is no reason for us to consider that such deletion may affect your legitimate interests, and provided that such deletion does not require particularly disproportionate effort due to the specific nature of the storage.
- Provision of information about our products and services, special offers and other messages.
We use your data to send information you request about our products, services and other special offers to the email address you provide to us. This shall only be done with your prior consent. Consent to the above provision of information shall be governed by Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7 GDPR.
In addition, you may sign up for a newsletter, promotions and surveys free of charge at our website. When you sign up for the newsletter, promotions and surveys, the data you enter in the data entry form shall be transmitted to us.
In the event that you purchase goods or services from our website, we may send you information about our other similar products and services to the email address you provide, if you consent. We shall stop sending you emails only if you withdraw your prior consent.
Under Article 6(1)(c) and (f) GDPR, we use and store your personal data and technical information if necessary in order to prevent or investigate misuse or other illegal behavior within our website, e.g. in order to maintain data security in the event of attacks on our Information Technology systems. In addition, we may undertake the above actions by order of Public Authorities or Courts, to the extent that we are obliged to act in this way by law, and also in order to safeguard our rights and interests and to enable our legal defense.
- Transfer of personal data to third parties – processors
The Company is entitled to use subcontractors to provide its services and declares that its subcontractors fully comply with the respective professional qualifications, technical knowhow and personal integrity required by law to ensure the confidentiality of the processing of personal data as processors.
We only transfer your data to entities established within the European Economic Area or subject to EU data protection law.
We transfer or may transfer data to third parties in the following cases for the performance of the agreement, in which cases the third parties shall themselves be liable for the use of such data:
- A) Regarding the shipment of goods, data is transmitted to logistics companies or to the postal service provider specified in the respective order;
- B) As regards the payment of the ordered goods, data are transmitted to the payment processor or to a financial bank specified in the respective order. Where a credit card is used as payment method, a security check shall be carried out for the respective transaction with the assistance of the payment processor, in order to prevent credit card fraud.
As far as the payment is concerned, we do not collect or store payment-related information, such as credit card numbers or account details. Such information shall be sent exclusively and directly to the respective payment processor.
- Receipt of TSEK System Data
Our Company is a recipient of data files and information of financial behavior from "Tiresias Risk Control System” (hereinafter referred to as "TSEK"). In order to assess the assumed credit risk, we have electronic access to the following data archived by TSEK:
- a) unsecured cheques, cheques unpaid at maturity, bills of exchange and promissory notes, payment orders & orders for expulsion from leased premises;
- b) bankruptcy applications – judgments rejecting bankruptcy applications due to the inadequacy of a debtor's estate, applications and judgments on conciliation/reorganisation (Articles 99 et seq. of the Bankruptcy Code), declared bankruptcies;
- c) auctions and seizures of chattels and real estate;
- d) mortgages, mortgage prenotations and prenotations converted to mortgages;
- e) applications and judgments on the judicial settlement of debts (Law 3869/2010),
as well as company data from the Government Gazette & the General Commercial Registry.
Data are made available to the company for own use, they are not intended for further disposal and are kept by us until the end of the transaction for which such data are retrieved.
You have the right of access, information, objection and judicial protection, which you can exercise either by contacting the citizen service offices of Tiresias, or our company.
In case of exercise of the right of objection, the company shall be obliged to immediately terminate access to the data and to electronically transmit the above document to Tiresias without undue delay. After the satisfaction of your relevant request, the indication "Does not wish to transmit the data concerning him/her" will appear to the recipients of TSEK data, such indication being freely evaluated with respective consequences. Exceptionally, company data from the Government Gazette and the General Commercial Registry shall continue to be transmitted.
- Your rights
- Right to information
You have the right to request information from us about your personal data stored with us.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to request the immediate correction and/or completion of your personal data stored with us.
III. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in case you dispute the accuracy of your data stored with us, in case such processing is unlawful and in the event that such data are no longer necessary to us, but you do not wish the deletion of the data and require the data for the foundation, exercise or defense of statutory rights, or in the event that you have notified your objection to the processing.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless the retention of the data is necessary for the freedom of expression, the freedom of information, the observance of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, for the establishment of legal claims or the defense against them or for the exercise of statutory rights.
- Right to information
In the event that you have exercised your right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, we will inform all recipients of your personal data that such data have been corrected, deleted or are now subject to processing restrictions, unless it is not possible to do so or such notification requires a disproportionate effort.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to receive a copy of the data you have provided to us, which shall be transmitted to you or to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In case you request the immediate transmission of the data to another data controller, this shall only be done if technically feasible.
VII. Right to object
In the event that your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing at any time in accordance with Article 21 GDPR.
VIII. Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection of data at any time, and such withdrawal shall apply for the future. Data collected until the withdrawal enters into force shall not be affected by it. Processing your withdrawal may take a certain amount of time for technical reasons and, thus, you may still receive messages from us in the meantime.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
In the event that the processing of your personal data violates data protection law or where your data protection rights have been infringed in any other way, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the HDPA.
- Processor's compliance deadline
The controller, "IAKOVOS DAVOUTIS & CO. COMMERCIAL SOCIETE ANONYME FOR MEAT PROCESSING AND MARKETING AND REAL ESTATE PURCHASE AND RECONSTRUCTION", shall be obliged to respond to your requests to the satisfaction of your rights, as provided under the GDPR and Law 4624/2019, within one (1) month from the date of receipt of your request. The one-month period may be extended for another two (2) months where the request is complex or the number of copies we have to provide to you is large. In this case, we shall inform you of the extension within one month of receipt of the request.
- Communication of a personal data breach to the data subject
The company shall be obliged to notify you without undue delay of any personal data breach, when such breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights.
In order to ensure that the Personal Data Protection Policy is always in accordance with applicable statutory requirements, we reserve the right to make amendments at any time.
On this website we use "cookies" as well as other automated means, in order to collect specific information about the visitors of our website, such as the number of visitors to our website using any browser and device. By collecting this information, we learn how to better tailor our websites and our advertising to visitors.
- B) Cookies and other Automated Means for the Collection of Cookie Data
Cookies are small text files that are stored on each of your devices using any browser whenever you visit a website. On our websites we use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
Performance and analysis cookies
Such cookies collect information on how visitors use the website, e.g. which pages they visit most often and whether they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies collect aggregated, anonymous information that does not identify visitors. They are used solely to improve the performance of a website and allow us to collect information about your use of our websites, including the content you select when you browse our websites, in order for us to measure the effectiveness and interaction of consumers with the website, as well as to improve our pages over time. These cookies may be provided to us by third party analytical tool providers but are only used for the purposes related to our websites.
Such cookies are used to provide content that best suits you and your interests. They can be used to send targeted ads/offers, limit advertising exposure, or measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Such cookies may be used to record the websites you have visited in order to determine which online marketing channels are most effective and to allow us to reward external websites and partners who referred you to us.